ImageGrafix Detailed Engineerign Services. Leveraging our industry-leading expertise and decades of experience, ImageGrafix Engineering Services can support you with its innovative, cost-effective solutions that boost efficiency, safety, and results at every stage of your project.
Implementing the latest technology and software, we deliver value-added engineering and design insight that unlocks full-spectrum efficiency across multiple disciplines. This approach strikes the balance between ensuring safety, flexibility, quality, and efficiency as well as aligning with your strategic goals and business drivers.
For more than 25 years, clients in the energy, power, utilities, and industrial markets have trusted our holistic engineering and design services to maximize their performance. Working with our multidisciplinary engineering and design experts, you can meet today’s most demanding challenges—on time and on budget.
- Project Management
- Project Controls & Planning
- Conceptual Design & Feasibility Studies
- Front-End Engineering Design (FEED)
- Detailed Engineering & Design
- Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Civil & Structural
- Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls
- Pipe Stress Analysis
- Pipe Support
- 3D Plant Modeling
- Hydraulic Calculation
- Surge Analysis
- Static Equipment Analysis
ImageGrafix can perform analysis for the hydraulic system to be more optimized to its purpose, to improve its safety and to cost less money. Typically the services include: – Determining the maximum flow capacity of a system (e.g. ship/ shore cargo transfer). – Advising on pipeline routing and elevation profile. – Optimizing the pipe diameter by calculating flow, pressure and velocity of fluid in the pipeline. – Optimizing the Pump Size by calculating pumping costs vs. Pipeline diameter for typical pipe materials. – Specifying surge suppression equipment to improve both the peak pressures and the overall operability of the pipeline. For example, determining the check valve size, type and dynamic performance needed to prevent check valve slam. Or specifying the best location for air valves and their sizing.
ImageGrafix Engineering Services Division is a specialized engineering services provider in the plant design industry catering to certain key and challenging engineering design services. It provides world class services to our clients across the globe with our highly professional teams and by following best industry practices and internationally formulated standards and by adhering to international Society Codes such as ASME/API/BS/IS Codes for Design/Analysis verification and validation. ImageGrafix provides these Plant Engineering services worldwide from its offshore facilities in Chennai, India. With its leadership position in providing IT solutions to Oil and Gas industries in the region for two decade, ImageGrafix Software FZCO’s Engineering Services Division provides the following Services:
Pipe Stress Analysis
Pipe Flexibility is a critical component in any piping design. It is mandatory that the critical piping which are operating under high pressure or high temperature services need to be analyzed for flexibility, expansion and load sustaining capabilities. ImageGrafix offers comprehensive service which covers all aspects of Pipe Stress analysis for various industries. What we do – Static load and stress calculations of above ground and underground piping systems.
- Wind load calculation.
- FRP & GRP pipe stress analysis.
- Offshore piping stress analysis.
- Fatigue analysis and cumulative usage report.
- Dynamic analysis and harmonic forces and displacements of piping systems.
- Mode shapes and natural frequency calculations.
- Shock spectrum analysis and independent support motion (earthquake).
- Force spectrum analysis (liquid hammer, slug flow & relief valve discharge).
- Model time history analysis.
- Calculation of Spring Stiffness.
- Thrust force of Expansion Bellows.
- Effects of Thermal Loads.
- Vibration Analysis.
- Steam Hammer & Water Hammer.
- Sea Wave load spectrum.
- Safety Valve Reaction Force.
Typical design / Analysis services provided on pressure vessels are as below: – Design and analysis of Pressure Vessels (Tall Columns, Vertical Pressure Vessels, Horizontal Pressure Vessels, Spherical Vessels, Reactors etc.) Based on ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Div. – 1 and Div. – 2
- Analysis of Power Boilers per ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, Section-1.
- Calculation of minimum retirement thickness values for existing pressure vessels / pressure vessel components to maximize the remaining safe and useful life as per API 579.
- Re-rating of pressure vessels for a new set of design parameters.
- Fatigue analysis to calculate the fatigue life of pressure vessels subjected to pressure cycles, temperature cycles and startup / shutdown cycles.
- Failure Analysis to identify the root cause of failure for the failed pressure vessels or pressure vessel components.
- Finite Element Analysis for pressure vessels and pressure vessel components.
Typical Design / Analysis services provided on Heat Exchangers are as below:
- Design and analysis of Heat Exchangers based on TEMA and ASME UHX.
- Calculation of minimum retirement thickness values for existing heat exchangers / heat exchanger components to maximize the remaining safe and useful life.
- Calculations for repair and alteration of existing heat exchangers.
- Calculations for tube sheet thicknesses for various type of heat exchangers.
- Calculations for other heat exchanger components e.g. Channel covers, floating heads etc.
- Fitness-for-service evaluation of Heat exchangers to calculate Minimum safe operating temperature (MSOT) for existing heat exchangers which do not meet the current MDMT requirement of the ASME code.
- Re-rating of heat exchangers for a new set of design parameters.
- Fitness-for-service evaluations for heat exchangers to assure the structural integrity of equipment for the intended design parameters and to offer life extension considerations.
- Fatigue analysis to calculate the fatigue life of heat exchangers subjected to pressure cycles, temperature cycles and startup / shutdown cycles.
Typical Design / Analysis services provided on Storage Tank are as below:
- Design and analysis of Storage Tank as per API 650.
- Roof Evaluation for Fixed Dome, Umbrella and cone with raffle and girder.
- Venting Analysis as per API 2000.
- Tank Settlement as per API 653.
- Existing TANK re-rating as per API 653.
ImageGrafix offers services in Structural engineering / analysis of structural components used in refineries, chemical plants, power plants, pharmaceutical plants, food processing plants and other processing facilities. Typical structural engineering / analysis which are provided are as follows:
- Structural engineering calculations per AISC (American Institute of Steel Construction), IS, ACI, AASHTO, BS, UBC & API to design, analyze and check the load carrying capacities of various structural components (vessel internal components, rectangular ducts with stiffeners, pipe racks, pipe supports, beams, columns, structural connections etc.).
- Calculations of minimum retirement thickness based on structural engineering considerations (also known as structural Min. ‘T’ to avoid jeopardizing the structural stability of pressure equipment (Pressure vessels, Heat exchangers, tanks, and piping).
- Structural Analysis and Design of special structures and non-pressure parts (e.g. platforms, ladders, clips and other attachments) attached to various parts of Pressure Vessels and Heat Exchangers. These calculations may include hand calculations or customized MathCAD calculations.
- Structural stability analysis (e.g. nonlinear buckling analysis) to make sure that the structure / mechanical component will not buckle for the given design loading.
Pipe Support Design:
Selection of Pipe Supports
- Load calculation for Pipe Support
- Structural design of Pipe Supports
- Spring Hanger Data Sheets
- Thrust Block Sizing
- Plates, Inserts & Loading Drawing (input to Civil)