Oracle Golden Gate
Oracle GoldenGate is a software that allows to replicate, filter, and transform data from one database to another database..
Oracle GoldenGate enables you to replicate data between Oracle databases to other supported heterogeneous database, and between heterogeneous databases.
To get data between different data sources, you can use Oracle Golden Gate to load, distribute, and filter transactions within your enterprise in real-time and enable migrations between different databases in near zero-downtime.
- Data movement is in real-time, reducing latency.
- Only committed transactions are moved, enabling consistency and improving performance.
- Different versions and releases of Oracle Database are supported along with a wide range of heterogeneous databases running on a variety of operating systems.
- Simple architecture and easy configuration.
- High performance with minimal overhead on the underlying databases and infrastructure.
GoldenGate Supported Technologies
Different architectures that can be configured; which range from a simple uni-directional architecture to the more complex peer-to-peer. No matter the architecture, Oracle GoldenGate provides similarities between them, making administration easier.
Oracle GoldenGate Architecture
Oracle GoldenGate supports two architectures, the Classic Architecture and the Microservices Architecture (MA).
Oracle GoldenGate classic architecture provides the processes and files required to effectively move data across a variety of topologies. These processes and files form the main components of the classic architecture
Oracle GoldenGate Microservices Architecture is a new microservices architecture that provides REST-enabled services as part of the Oracle GoldenGate environment. The REST-enabled services provide remote configuration, administration, and monitoring through HTML5 web pages, command line, and APIs.
- Thin and browser-based clients
- Network security
- User Authorization
- Distributed deployments
- Remote administration
- Performance monitoring and orchestration
- Coordination with other systems and services in an Oracle Database environment.
- Custom embedding of Oracle GoldenGate into applications or to use secure, remote HTML5 applications.